In today’s world, lawsuits against public entities are not uncommon. TAC Risk Management Pool provides coverage to defend the county if sued and to settle the costs of covered claims. The Pool offers several types of liability coverage to address the unique risks of Texas county government:
- General Liability — Provides liability coverage for bodily injury or property damages arising out of a negligent act committed by the Pool member, on member premises or during member operations. This coverage would provide protection to the county for things such as: slips and falls, improper road maintenance or a county maintainer hitting a fence.
- Public Officials Liability — Provides defense coverage for elected officials, employees, volunteers and others in the case of a claim arising from a wrongful act while performing official member duties. This includes defense costs and covers acts such as wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination.
- Law Enforcement Liability — Provides defense coverage for law enforcement officers, employees, volunteers and others in the case of a claim arising from a wrongful act while performing official member duties. This includes defense cost and covers acts such as excessive force, civil rights violations and other allegations stemming from law enforcement operations.
- Auto Liability — Coverage provided for bodily injury and property damage caused by the negligent use of a covered auto. Includes options for Hired/Non Owned, Personally Owned Vehicles for Law Enforcement, Personal Injury Protection and Un-Insured/Under-Insured Motorist Protection. State tort limits are standard and increased limits are available.
- Crime — Provides coverage for financial losses that arise from criminal activity such as burglary, forgery, fraud and employee dishonesty. This coverage includes sub-limits for computer fraud and wire transfer fraud.
Who to Contact for More Information
General Liability Coverage questions: (800) 456-5974
Liability Coverage Claims Services
Auto Liability or General Liability claims: or
Public Officials or Law Enforcement Liability claims: or