Maintain your current weight this holiday season for better health!
About the Challenge
The “Maintain No Gain” Holiday Challenge is a six-week challenge to gain no more than two pounds during the holiday season through healthy eating habits and physical activity. Take up the “Maintain No Gain” challenge and enjoy the holidays without gaining the extra pounds.
So, What's the Point?
For many Texans, having a happy holiday means putting diet and exercise on hold resulting in weight gain. Some Texans gain five or more pounds and don't lose it the following years. Don’t let this be you! Excess weight contributes to several chronic diseases including heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and some forms of cancer. Maintaining a weight that’s appropriate for your height and age is an easy way to stay healthy and save money on health care costs! So, make a commitment to yourself and to your health to remain at your current weight throughout the holiday season this year!
- Maintain weight within two pounds throughout the holiday season;
- Increase knowledge about healthy eating habits;
- Continue physical activity throughout the holiday season;
- Document weekly exercise and consumption of fruits and vegetables;
- Review the six weekly motivational messages; and
- Submit scorecards for prize drawings at the end of the challenge.
- Weigh-in at a designated facility or at home to record your starting weight;
- Record your weight each week on your personal scorecard;
- Document weekly exercise and consumption of fruits and vegetables to track regular physical activity and healthy eating throughout the holidays; and
- After completing your scorecard, tear off the goal portion of the scorecard and turn it into your wellness coordinator.
Learn how to keep score!
Information courtesy of Texas Department of State Health Services, Maintain No Gain, www.dshs.state.tx.us/wellness/worksiteresources.shtm, Retrieved July, 29, 2010.