Sometimes managing your health requires more than just doctor visits, lab tests and prescriptions. Effective Jan. 1, Texas Association of Counties Health and Employee Benefits Pool launched an enhanced Condition Management program that encompasses more conditions to help you manage your lifestyle.
Blue Care Connection from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has a variety of programs that offer steps and choices that can ultimately lead you to improved health and well-being. Providing outreach, educational resources and health advocacy, our condition management program can guide you through the often complex health care system so you can focus on what matters most—getting healthy and staying well.
Blue Care Connection programs assist members living with current serious medical conditions, as well as those considered, "at risk." If you or a covered dependent are considered "at risk," our programs are uniquely designed to detect health care needs early. Prompt detection allows for appropriate outreach and meaningful intervention to help prevent future medical complications.
As a member of the Health and Employee Benefits Pool, these are the condition management opportunities that are available to you:
Blue Care Advisors
Experienced and knowledgeable RN's, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Masters-level Social Workers with YOUR best health mind. Advisors will work with you and your physician to educate, facilitate and monitor your treatment plan.
Personal Health Manager
Online health and wellness resources to help you adopt and manage healthy behaviors.
24 Hour Nurseline
Around the clock access through a toll-free number, (866) 412-8795, option 3, to experienced registered nurses who understand and can help with your health care concerns.
A maternity program that offers on-going contact with obstetric nurses who provide prenatal risk assessment education and can coordinate with your physician.
Voluntary health improvement programs that can help members with: cancer, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, diabetes, metabolic syndrome (high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and low back pain.
Focuses on traditional elements of medical care management with targeted outreach if you are an "at risk" member.
Assists if you are a higher-risk member coping with a complex or catastrophic condition.
Behavior Modification Obesity/Weight Management Program
Comprised of Licensed Masters Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors who promote wellness through a holistic approach of behavioral coaching, clinical coaching, education and condition management.
Personal Health Manager
With Personal Health Manager, the support and resources you need to manage your health online are just a click away. By logging in to Blue Access® for Members and clicking on Personal Health Manager, you can:
- Earn Blue Points® every time you use the health and wellness features in the For Your Health section. Receive up to 1,000 points a week when you set up and track the progress of an exercise or meal program, read and rate health and wellness related articles, or email your health-related questions to licensed professionals.
- Complete a health assessment to evaluate your health status.
- Request fitness and weight loss advice with Ask A Dietician.
- Receive help on managing stress, workplace conflicts or other issues with Ask A Life Coach.
- Ask registered nurses health related questions online with the Ask A Nurse feature.
- Set up a personal health record to keep track of health information in one secure Web location.
- Receive targeted wellness information via e-mail to help manage specific medical conditions, including alerts for screening tests, and set up reminders for medical appointments and medication refills.
- Access wellness tracking tools, videos and interactive tutorials.
- Get information on exercise, nutrition and lifestyle issues in the For Your Health section.
Blue Access for Members
For personalized information about your health care benefits and coverage, log in to Blue Access for Members where you'll find:
- Confirmation of when claims are paid and payment amounts.
- Physician and hospital directories
- Help desk assistance is available at (888) 706-0583
To enroll in any Blue Care Connection program or ask questions about the programs, please call toll-free (866) 412-8795. Be sure to have your insurance card handy.
Care and support empowers participants to better health. To learn more, click here