The Texas Association of Counties Health and Employee Benefits Pool (TAC HEBP) offers a wide range of standardized plans with statewide provider networks that meet members’ needs and budgets. TAC HEBP is a self-funded pool that offers group health and prescription benefits along with life and dental benefits through our various vendor partners.
We offer a wide range of standardized plans to fully-insured and partially self-insured groups. As a county owned and operated organization, we listen to our members. Unlike an insurance company, the Pool exists only to serve its members and protect their interests.
Call or email your TAC Health and Benefits Services employee benefits consultant to obtain a list of available plans, (800) 456-5974.
Northwest - Northeast -
Why Counties Choose TAC HEBP
County owned and county governed.
- A member-driven nonprofit directed by county officials.
- Risk spread among Pool members for greater financial stability.
- County-focused customer service.
Strength through numbers.
Healthy County wellness program.
- Volume purchasing discounts passed along to members.
- Annual renewal contribution increases well below national average.
- Condition management programs, wellness newsletter.
- Reduced prescription co-pays with Medicine Match.
- Tobacco cessation program, no-cost allergy shots.
Long-term stability of rates.
- Stabilized rates with volume purchasing
- Contracts established through interlocal agreement.
- User-friendly and secure online administration for employee eligibility and billing.