The Texas Association of Counties Health and Employee Benefits Pool (TAC HEBP) makes providing your employees with the high quality benefits they’ve come to expect easier and more affordable. We operate one of the oldest, largest and most successful public-sector benefit pools in the nation. The program enables counties and county-related entities to combine, or pool, their purchasing power, increasing contract control and decreasing costs.
For more than 30 years, TAC has furnished counties with a range of options for providing employee benefits, including medical and dental coverage, accident and life insurance, long term and short term disability, to county employees, retirees, officials and their dependents.
In 2001, TAC HEBP was established as a self-funded pool. We gain market advantages through high-value combined purchasing power and increased contract control that helps us save counties money. For the past decade, we have consistently provided renewal rates well below the national medical costs inflation trend, allowing counties predictable and affordable budgeting.
Reasons to join TAC HEBP:
- Prepared for Health Care Reform — There’s no need to worry if your county’s benefits comply with the new health care law. All TAC HEBP health coverage plans meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
- Sound county leadership — As a member-driven organization, county leaders drive policy development, negotiations with providers and other program enhancements.
- Customized to your county’s needs — The Pool provides a variety of options for healthcare coverage to fit county needs and budgets. The Pool also offers dental coverage, and supplemental accident and life insurance options.
- County-focused customer service — County-owned and county-managed, we understand the unique needs and challenges of county government and tailor our approach and services to them.
- Value-added services — TAC HEBP offers a number of programs and services to members at no additional fee to increase the quality of health care, help members live healthier lifestyles and help control costs.
- Long-term stability of rates — Volume purchasing gives us the ability to stabilize rates from year to year and pass the savings along to you.
- A streamlined process — The TAC HEBP Interlocal Agreement eliminates the hassles of the annual health care proposal process, and user-friendly and secure online administration makes employee eligibility determinations and billing easy.
- The right choice for Texas counties — With a retention rate of more than 99 percent since 1992, the choice for counties is clear. When they join the Pool, they stay. Almost 200 counties and related districts are members of the Pool.
Coverages and Services Provided
Employee Group Health and Dental Coverage
Our group health and dental programs enable counties to pool together their purchasing power to obtain reliable and affordable benefits for your employees. We offer standardized group plans to meet the needs of your county and its employees.
The Pool uses a separately contracted prescription drug program to provide excellent services and keep drug costs in check and improve patient prescription drug access.
Group Term Life
These benefits plus a number of voluntary life options provide your employees and their dependents the security they need.
Retiree Health Benefits
Our affordable CountyChoice Silver retiree medical benefits program gives your retirees peace of mind with a plan they can trust that offers support beyond Medicare.
Health and Benefits Services Consultants
Our Health and Benefits Services Consultants team provides on-call and on-site flexible support for navigating the uncertainties of the new health care law, evolving plan designs, funding arrangements and wellness strategies, and to offers in-service training for Employee Benefit programs. All at no cost to pool members.
Healthy County Wellness Consultants
Healthy County Wellness Consultants provide on-call and on-site assistance in strategically planning and implementing best practices programs and services that address all points of the health continuum. These programs can keep the county’s health care costs down and preserve the high quality benefits offered for years to come.