||Uniform election date. TEX. ELEC. CODE §41.002.|
||First day to file for 2014 primary election. TEX. ELEC. CODE §172.023.|
||First day to mail voter registration certificates to voters registered as of November 14 and whose names are not on the suspense list. TEX. ELEC. CODE §14.001.|
||Complete jury wheel due to secretary of state. TEX. GOV. CODE §62.001(c). |
|Oct. 1, or as soon
thereafter as possible
|Tax assessor-collector’s deadline for mailing tax bills. TEX. TAX CODE §31.01(a).|
|Before Oct. 15
||Nominations for appraisal district directors due. TEX. TAX CODE §6.03(g).|
||Deadline for providing written notice of the fees of sheriff and constable (or changes) to the comptroller of public accounts. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §118.131(f).|
|Before Oct. 30
||Ballots for directors of appraisal district due to county judge. TEX TAX CODE §6.03(j).|
|Not later than Sept. 1
||District court order increasing salary, if any, of official district court reporter due to commissioners court for next budget year. TEX. GOV. CODE §52.051(c).|
|Before Sept. 16
||Final budget of appraisal district due to commissioners court from chief appraiser. TEX. TAX CODE §§6.06(b), 1.06. Deadline extended.|
|Before Sept. 30
||Or the 60th day after the certified appraisal roll is received, whichever is later, is the deadline for adoption of the tax rate by commissioners court. TEX. TAX CODE §26.05(a). The vote on the order setting the tax rate (levy) must be separate from the vote adopting the budget. TEX. TAX CODE §26.05(b). The tax rate adopted (levied) may not exceed last year’s levy unless the commissioners court has held two public hearings on the proposed tax rate and otherwise complied with TEX. TAX CODE §26.06 and §26.065, if applicable. TEX. TAX CODE §26.05(d).|
|Before Oct. 1
||Deadline for setting fees of the sheriff and constable to be effective January 1. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §118.131(d).|
|October Fiscal Year Counties
||Order designating day of week on which court will convene in a regular term. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §81.005(a).|
||In counties with population 500,000 or less. Commissioners court to appoint election judges for county election precincts at August term. TEX. ELEC. CODE §32.002.|
||Certified appraisal roll, collection rate, debt taxes, etc., due to commissioners court from tax assessor-collector. TEX. TAX CODE §26.04(b).|
||Calculation and publication of tax rate, roll-back rate, etc., required unless governed by simplified notice procedure in TEX. TAX. CODE §26.052(c). TEX. TAX CODE §26.04(e).|
|Not later than August 31
||District and county attorneys’ deadline to file with comptroller of public accounts or county treasurer, as applicable, a sworn account of all monies received during|
preceding year. TEX. GOV. CODE §41.005(d).
The following is a partial list of required monthly reports:
- Monthly report of expenses by officer compensated on a salary basis in counties of 190,000 or less. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §154.024.
- Monthly report of fees, commissions, and other compensation collected and salaries paid by district, county, or precinct officers in counties of more than 190,000 population. (On or before the fifth day of each month). TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §154.044.
- County Clerk’s report of fines and jury fees to Judge for approval and filing in minutes. TEX. GOV. CODE §51.402.
- County Auditor’s report. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. Code §§114.024 and 114.025. For populations over 225,000 see TEX. LOC. GOV’T. CODE §114.023.
- County Treasurer’s report. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. Code §114.026(c). The report must be examined by the County Auditor and cancelled warrants must be verified. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. Code §115.002(c).
- County Treasurer to report to the County Clerk at the end of each month, a claims report that shows the total amount of claims registered by the Treasurer during the month. TEX. LOC. GOV’T. Code §114.061.
- Voter Registrar to request from Postal Service any available information indicating address reclassifications affecting registered voters. TEX. ELEC. CODE §15.022(b).
THIS PUBLICATION IS A RESEARCH TOOL AND NOT THE COUNSEL OF AN ATTORNEY. THIS PUBLICATION IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY. It is provided without warranty of any kind and, as with any research tool, should be double checked against relevant statutes, case law, Attorney General opinions and advice of legal counsel e.g., your county attorney. Any question should be directed to competent legal counsel for a written opinion.