For the last 20 years, the TAC County Investment Officer (CIO) program has been one of the premier public investing educational programs in the country. The TAC Board of Directors has determined that we should "make the best better." We have been guided by these key goals:
- Update and enhance curriculum and elevate the credibility of the program
- Expand the program to include more county officials
To accomplish these goals, we are pleased to announce the creation of the TAC County Investment Academy. Here are some highlights of the program:
- Membership in the Academy is acquired through completion of the Basics of County Investments course, to be offered in early 2014, or completion of previous County Investment Officer (CIO) Level I course.
- Those who have maintained their County Investment Officer designation through December 31, 2012, are automatically enrolled in the program.
- Fifteen Academy hours per calendar year are required to maintain membership, with five outside hours and five carryover hours allowed per year.
- No annual dues will be charged. Maintenance of Academy membership will be based solely upon completion of prescribed educational hours. Registration fees will be charged for each event.
- You do not have to be a Member of the Academy in order to participate in the educational conferences. All programs will be open to all county officials and staff.
County Investment Education Committee
, Communication and Education Services Director
, Education Project Manager
Toll free in Texas (800) 456-5974 or (512) 478-8753