For the last 20 years, the TAC County Investment Officer (CIO) program has been one of the premier public investing educational programs in the country. The TAC Board of Directors has determined that we should "make the best better." We have been guided by these key goals:
- Update and enhance curriculum and elevate the credibility of the program
- Expand the program to include more county officials
To accomplish these goals, we are pleased to announce the creation of the TAC County Investment Academy. Here are some highlights of the program:
- The program will be planned and administered in partnership with a major university.
- The current CIO certification program will be replaced with the County Investment Academy, which will continue to provide both basic and advanced investment training.
- A new “Basics of County Investments” program is being developed. Persons successfully completing this program will be admitted as Members of the Academy. Membership in the Academy can be maintained by earning 15 hours of continuing education per calendar year.
- No annual dues will be charged. Maintenance of Academy membership will be based solely upon completion of prescribed educational hours. Registration fees will be charged for each event.
- You do not have to be a Member of the Academy in order to participate in the educational conferences. All programs will be open to all county officials and staff.
County Investment Education Committee
, Education Department Director
, Education Project Manager
, Meetings Planner
Toll free in Texas (800) 456-5974 or (512) 478-8753