The County Investment Academy is a cooperative partnership between the Texas Association of Counties and the McCoy College of Business Administration at Texas State University. Through this partnership, McCoy College faculty sit on the County Investment Education Committee, teach courses, help plan Academy trainings and review course content.
The Academy brings together investment officers, economists and other experts to discuss the influences on the current economy and timely trends in investing.
- Basics of County Investments (former CIO Level 1) - This training session is open to all county officials and staff who are interested in learning more about county investment operations.
- Conference of the County Investment Academy
- Texas Public Funds Investment Conference
Sessions meet the education requirements of the Texas Public Funds Investment Act. Continuing education hours are approved for County Investment Academy members. CPAs, auditors, treasurers, clerks and commissioners may also earn credit toward mandatory continuing education requirements.
Academy membership or completion of the Basics of County Investments course is not required to attend other Academy trainings.
- Membership in the Academy is acquired through completion of the Basics of County Investments Course or completion of the previous County Investment Officer (CIO) Level I course.
- Fifteen hours per calendar year are required to maintain membership, with five outside hours and five carryover hours allowed per year.
- Member recognition:
- Academy members are recognized with special awards on the 5-, 10-, 15-, and 20-year anniversaries of earning their membership.
For 20 years, the TAC County Investment Officer (CIO) program had been one of the premier public investing educational programs in the country. In the summer of 2013, the TAC Board of Directors determined that TAC should “make the best better,” which spurred the Academy’s creation.
County Investment Education CommitteeAdvisory Resource Group
, Communication and Education Services Director
, Education Project Manager
Toll free in Texas (800) 456-5974 or (512) 478-8753