Software Developer, Austin, TX
Texas Assn of Cnty Officials; design computer application software & specialized utility programs; requires BA in Computer Info Mgmt, strong tech knowledge of SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Business Intelligent development Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos & iMIS20; Submit resumes to .
The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person with a minimum of five years’ experience in coordinating projects for adult education programs. Primary responsibilities are providing professional and timely customer service support to TAC’s Education Services customers. The position will work with Education Services customers to coordinate the planning, marketing, production and evaluation of assigned TAC Education programs and its affiliate organization conferences. Coordinate conference registration process; compile and produce conference materials; develop computerized presentation technology; and contact and coordinate with speakers, hotels and meetings facilities. The Project Coordinator will also coordinate with other staff to deliver Education Services to TAC members and Education Services customers.
Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. The position also requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members of state governmental offices and members. Knowledge and ability to learn audio visual equipment required. Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have excellent time management. CMP preferred. Travel required.
Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to the HR Department. No phone calls, please.
Wellness Program Specialist
Provide administrative and customer service support to Health & Benefits Services (HBS) Wellness Consultants and Texas Association of Counties (TAC) Health & Employee Benefits Pool (Pool) members, including communicating the wellness programs available to Pool members. Participate with HBS teams to provide assistance to Pool members. Some travel required.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support to HBS Wellness Consultants and ensure effective and efficient daily operations of the wellness program.
- Support Wellness Consultants, both in-house and traveling, as requested including preparation and distribution of presentations and workshops, document production and distribution, data entry and reporting.
- Participate in the design, development and promotion of the wellness program, including communication and marketing materials and presentations to members.
- Respond timely to routine customer service questions about the wellness program and to Pool member requests for information. Immediately notify Wellness Consultants about any complex requests for information and assist with response.
- Provide assistance to other HBS programs as assigned, including conferences, health fairs and enrollment meetings.
- Prepare reports and other documentation related to the wellness program and other HBS functions as requested.
- Develop and maintain understanding of current Pool wellness programs and laws applicable to the Pool’s coverages, including COBRA, PPACA, HIPAA and Medicare.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor ’s degree in health education, public health, or related field required.
- Current licenses and certificates preferred, including Certified Wellness Program Manager, Certified Health Education Specialist, health coaching, nutrition, exercise or worksite wellness.
- A minimum of two years experience in customer service or administrative position; medical professional or health insurance experience preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC and the Pool when in contact with members.
- Must be highly proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with data entry and use of mail merge function required.
- Expertise in multiple communications media is required, including mass mailings, email and webinars.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change utilizing behavior change theory.
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision. Excellent time management and record keeping required.
- Current Texas driver’s license required with good driving record; must be able to drive.
Please send resume to the . No phone calls, please.
Applicant Federal Postings