Risk Management Consultant
The Texas Association of Counties Risk Management Pool (TAC RMP) provides risk management solutions to Texas political subdivisions, primarily Texas counties, for property, general and auto liability, public officials and law enforcement liability, and workers’ compensation. The TAC Risk Management Services department is seeking a highly qualified applicant for the Risk Management Consultant (RMC) position for the Southeast Territory. Primary responsibilities include providing risk management consulting services to members and prospective members of the TAC RMP.
The ideal candidate will be expected to participate with the Risk Management Services (RMS) team assigned to a regional territory, to identify service opportunities and maintain existing business, assist TAC RMP members with identification of risk and coverage options, including limits of liability and deductibles, and build and maintain relationships with TAC RMP members by understanding member needs and the local competitive landscape. A successful candidate will have the experience and proven track record with county government, political subdivisions, or risk pools to provide accurate and timely risk management consulting services to members and prospective members related to all lines of coverage.
- Effectively communicate the TAC RMP’s current coverage options and service opportunities;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members by developing a thorough understanding of each member’s needs;
- Submit routine field notes which serve as an organization record of member information;
- Be knowledgeable in, understand and communicate risk management practices, market conditions and competitor information to maximize TAC RMP coverage for members and prospective members ;
- Develop and deliver formal proposals, including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information to county decision-makers;
- Ability to comfortably speak in public and deliver risk management presentations and training to large audiences including presenting to commissioners court in open meetings;
- Conduct in-person appointments with members to communicate renewals, quotes, explanation of coverage details and promote risk control services;
- Review member losses, identify potential exposures, and ensure members have proper coverage ;
- Act as the liaison between member, underwriting, risk control and claims as appropriate;
- Work in conjunction with risk control to provide the most appropriate and best possible services;
- Travel up to 75 percent of each workweek by car or air to work directly with members and potential members, with multi-night overnight stays weekly, including responsibility for planning and cost control;
- Attend and professionally represent TAC and the TAC RMP at TAC-sponsored and TAC-affiliate organization conferences for county officials and employees, including working the TAC booth at vendor halls ; and
- Collaborate as a team member on internal special projects and new program development.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Marketing, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Completion of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or All Lines Insurance Adjuster is highly preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in sales, commercial insurance sales/marketing or underwriting
- Proven track record of insurance sales is preferred
- Valid Texas driver’s license and good driving record required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to self-start and exercise good judgment and discipline
- Accountable for informing risk management staff and management of territory updates and maintaining routine field notes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons from varying economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to present a high degree of professionalism with elected officials, members, and others
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and various reporting tools
- Excellent time management and record keeping
- Must be able to drive or fly for extended periods of time.
- May be required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time while attending conferences or during training sessions.
- May be required to move or transport boxes or equipment occasionally.
- May be required to ascend stairs.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during travel.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.