Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst creates complex business reports to support the Association’s internal and external business needs. Position is responsible for translating business requirements into data reporting strategies for both ad hoc and recurring reports and data sets. Position is responsible for the requirements gathering, analysis, development, testing, implementation and sustainment of all reports in addition to following proper documentation processes for reporting design, test and deployment procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with BI Architect, Data Services team and business users to:
- understand requirements to develop reporting and query solutions in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- identify business needs during requirements gathering to effectively design, develop, test, and deploy reports
- develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures and business uses to ensure reports meet customer needs
- identify and collect heterogeneous data from various data sources to form a single report through data warehouse and/or data integration
- thoroughly analyze business workflow in order to efficiently extract appropriate data in readable formats for business users
- identify data patterns to scrub/clean data and maintain accurate data
- resolve data anomalies by applying business rules that enforce data quality and support Master Data Management initiatives
- develop standardization of key reports and institute reporting best practices
- develop Business Intelligence reporting solutions to support Financial, Operational and Analytic reporting;
- develop Business Intelligence reporting solutions that best support the business needs
- Thoroughly understand the Ralph Kimball methodology and Data Warehouse concepts
- Thorough knowledge of the standard SQL language with database experience on Microsoft or Oracle
- Function in a production environment and be able to provide adequate support, with focus on timely and accurate resolution of issues
- Be motivated to learn Technology Trends in Enterprise Data Reporting
Non-essential Job Functions
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to end users as needed
- Participate in Data Steward processes to sustain good data practices
- Understands and supports IT strategies
Experience / Education Requirements
BS/BA in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant degree is preferred
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years technical experience accessing enterprise data sources, developing enterprise reporting
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in analytical tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and at least 2 years in a customer-facing role
Other Skills & Abilities
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as needed
- Ability to participate as a positive team member and support a common vision
- Excellent communication skills for technical and non-technical customers
- Ability to listen and convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Must have analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to present in small work groups on both technical and functional requirements
- Good organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives
- Experience in insurance, finance, analytics, informatics, or programming
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical models and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial data and effectively present sophisticated analysis and findings
- Relentless pursuit of service excellence at both project and operational levels
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships
Send resumes and salary requirements to the . No phone calls please.
Member Services Representative
The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person with two years’ experience in commercial insurance. Primary responsibilities are providing professional and timely customer service support to TAC’s Risk Management (Pool) members. The position will coordinate member renewals and new business activities associated with the Pool’s Property, Liability, and Workers’ Compensation programs and assist with general underwriting support. The Member Service Representative will also coordinate with other staff to deliver services to Pool members, including marketing, accounting, claims and risk control.
Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational background. The position also requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members of state governmental offices, and members. Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel and have excellent time management.
Texas Association of Counties formed in 1969 when Texas counties joined together to improve and promote the value of county government on a statewide basis. Understanding the way county government works and the value of county services helps state leaders preserve counties’ ability to serve their residents effectively.
Services provided to counties by TAC include:
· Training and continuing education for county officials and staff;
· Communications on county issues and activities;
· Research and technical assistance to help with daily operations;
· Respected representation before both the state and federal governments;
· Cost effective risk management services targeted to the unique needs of counties;
· Cost effective information technology services; and
· A forum to identify and resolve county issues, particularly those that require cooperation between various elected officials.
Please send cover letter and resume to . No phone calls, please.