Employee Benefits Consultant
The Health and Benefits Services Department of the Texas Association of Counties is seeking a qualified person for an Employee Benefits Consultant position. The primary responsibility is being the designated lead on marketing and renewal activities for one of four regions of the state of Texas. In addition, the successful candidate will develop marketing strategies for delivering health benefits and ancillary coverage programs, with associated administrative duties. The Consultant will build and maintain relationships with current members by understanding member needs. The Consultant will also maintain existing accounts through renewal of coverage, identify potential new business opportunities by developing familiarity with the local competitive landscape and work with Health and Benefits Services team members, and other Association employees, to identify service opportunities. The successful candidate must be able to travel extensively, present to small and large audiences, provide professional customer service and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience Required
The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience marketing or administering health, dental, life insurance and ancillary coverages. A proven track record of health insurance marketing is preferred.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Insurance, Marketing or a related degree, or acceptable work experience substitution. In addition, strong knowledge of marketing or administering employee health benefit programs is required, along with an in-depth knowledge of the structure of fully insured and self-funded health programs. Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
All applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the .
The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person for the Communications Graphic Designer position. Position is responsible for creation, revision and production of various communications materials for multiple channels as directed. Candidate must have minimum two-three years’ experience and be familiar with graphic design for print collateral and web and social media graphics. Excellent typography, color and layout composition skills required. Photo editing, scanning, file organization and archiving in accordance with established guidelines. All work performed is in accordance with TAC’s brand and style. The position works with department staff on communications projects as assigned.
Skills and experience needed include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds;
- High degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials and members;
- An interest in design, communications and local (county) government in Texas;
- Proficiency in use of Mac and Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud including: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work on multiple communications projects in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Some duties will require manual work with large format plotters, sign cutting/trimming, creating mockups or presentation boards;
- Must function independently with minimal supervision but also be comfortable asking questions when needed;
- Competency with photographic equipment and photography skills a plus;
- Knowledge of pre-press and the printing process is a plus, but not mandatory;
- Must be familiar or comfortable designing from a creative brief;
- Must be receptive to criticism and art direction from communications staff.
Please send letter of interest including salary requirement, resume and a link to your portfolio to the . No phone calls, please.
Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor
Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified candidate for its Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor position. This position is responsible for the management of the TAC Risk Management Pool's Workers' Compensation claims functions, including supervision of the Pool's third-party administrator and communication with Pool members. The qualified candidate will have experience monitoring the performance of a third-party administrator, requests related to settlement, vendor usage, billing review and approval and expense increases. This person is responsible for the general oversight and management of the TAC Risk Management Pool's workers' compensation program including third-party claims administration, cost containment, utilization review and other claims-related services.
The appropriate candidate will have experience with the laws and rules governing Texas workers' compensation and be able to monitor overall program performance, review and analyze claim and payment data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement. The candidate will be required to work closely with risk control and risk management consultants to help identify and develop training and safety initiatives for Pool members. This position regularly responds to member inquiries related to workers' compensation regulation and claims handling and must be able to provide assistance with required forms and notices, the claims filing process and the Pool's panel of contracted healthcare providers.
Experience or familiarity with county government or political subdivisions preferred. Some travel is required to represent the Pool at conferences, claims reviews and member training opportunities. Position may be required to attend administrative hearings, mediation or county commissioners' court.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or at least seven years equivalent workers' compensation claims handling experience is required.
- Texas Workers' Compensation Adjuster's License required; all-lines adjuster license preferred.
- Associate in Claims or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Position requires excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons from varying economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members, and others.
- Position requires proficiency in the use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint. Must be able to use Adobe Acrobat. Must have or develop proficiency in department's risk information management system software.
- Excellent time management and record keeping required.
- Must function independently with minimal supervision.
- Required to maintain current understanding of Texas workers' compensation law and regulations, including subrogation.
- Valid Texas driver's license and good driving record required.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to the . No phone calls, please.
The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person with a minimum of five years' experience in managing projects for adult education programs. Primary responsibilities are professional management of TAC and TAC-affiliate sponsored educational programs, conferences and other events. The position will work with Education Services customers to manage all aspects of programs including the planning, marketing, production and evaluation of assigned TAC Education programs and its affiliate organization conferences. Manage administration of programs, conferences and events in collaboration with TAC staff, event planning committees, and conference coordinators. Develop program curriculum, agendas, marketing materials and coordinate the selection of faculty in consultation with others. Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. The position also requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members of state governmental offices and members. Knowledge and ability to learn audio visual equipment required. Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have excellent time management. CMP preferred. Travel required.
Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to the . No phone calls, please.