Business Systems Manager
Texas Association of Counties has an opening for a Business Systems Manager to develop and execute a long-term vision for the organization’s data architecture and data management strategy, including frameworks and policies for enterprise data modeling, data quality, master data management and data governance. Candidate will manage the data team around a common vision in the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide data architecture roadmap.
This position serves as a senior level resource with strategic and tactical responsibilities including analyzing existing architectures, platforms and data models and transforming them into an integrated and efficient architecture from the ground up. Candidate will facilitate strategic planning to ensure that business and operational data solutions are synchronized across the entire organization.
The Business Systems Manager position will have the following skills sets:
- Management skills – Candidate will have strong management skills and the ability to rally teams around a common vision. Candidate will demonstrate leadership by driving technology solutions from design through implementation and going above and beyond to ensure project success. Candidate must have proven ability to drive complex technical solutions that may include legacy/converging technologies as well as business process change, through education and partnership with stakeholders.
- Communication skills – Candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills appropriate for both technical and non-technical interaction. This position will oversee data needs across the entire organization and will need to be able to communicate to all levels of staff and management; it is important that candidate is able to translate business needs into workable solutions. Candidate will have the ability to build and maintain successful relationships and the ability to identify areas of the organization that depend on the operations of other departments and members.
- Technical Data skills – Candidate will have the necessary experience to diagnose complex technical problems in an enterprise environment including both third-party and custom solutions. This position requires hands-on data architecture experience using data modeling tools from a data warehouse and business intelligence perspective. This position requires the ability to solve complex data design problems and manage tasks/functions concurrently. Candidate will have experience implementing large-scale and long-term technology transformation.
- Reporting skills – Candidate will develop a reporting strategy for the entire organization. This requires the ability to develop business and functional requirements for reports and implement those reports using best-fit technologies. Candidate will develop, test and implement standard and ad hoc reports that enable data driven decisions.
- Data Governance/Master Data Plan – Candidate will develop an enterprise-wide data governance plan including definition of terms.
- Experience with and knowledge of insurance and/or risk pool terminology and concepts is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and execute the design, construction and enhancement of the organization’s data warehouse and business intelligence infrastructure
- Lead, manage, train and mentor the data team to ensure various strategic initiatives have successful outcomes
- Translate business needs into architectural strategies, roadmaps, approaches and solutions
- Design, implement and test systems ensuring proper database architecture, data modeling, coding standards and code quality
- Consider all data and business needs across the organization, accounting for business interdependencies and technical coupling
- Work closely with customers and the data team to help translate and define business needs and document business intelligence reporting requirements, including the need to accommodate mobile users
- Document current systems in accordance with industry data model standards and create internal standards/SOPs for ongoing compliance
- Lead efforts to reengineer complex technical issues/processes and deliver user-friendly solutions
- Serve as technical lead on major projects and application roll-outs
- Establish and communicate business case justifications and risk assessments for technology spending and initiatives
- Define and implement enterprise data standards, data models and data governance functions/frameworks
- BS/BA in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, software engineering or relevant degree
- 5 years technical experience working directly as an architect on an enterprise-wide data warehouse including hands-on experience with design and implementation
- 5 years management experience, including proven experience building and managing high-performing teams
- 5 years insurance industry or pool coverage experience and business process knowledge
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin, ER/Studio, or Toad
- Direct technical experience with Microsoft SQL Server including the development of complex queries, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Direct technical experience with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert knowledge of extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Experience delivering data and report solutions for mobile customers is desirable
Please send cover letter and resume to the . No phone calls, please.
Risk Management Consultant
The Risk Management Services department is looking for a qualified applicant for the Risk Management Consultant (RMC) position. This position will provide accurate and timely risk management consulting services to members and prospective members of the Texas Association of Counties (TAC) Risk Management Pool. The RMC will assist pool members in understanding coverage and evaluate changing conditions to ensure appropriate reporting of exposures and selection of coverage, limits, and deductibles options. They will build and maintain relationships with members by understanding member needs. They will also maintain existing accounts through renewal of coverage and identify potential new business opportunities by keeping familiarity with the local competitive landscape and will participate with the risk management services team members to identify service opportunities. This position will travel up to 75 percent of the time.
Candidate must have a minimum of three years work experience in sales, commercial insurance sales/marketing, insurance pools and/or have underwriting experience. Valid Texas driver’s license and good driving record required. Bachelor degree in Insurance, Marketing, Business Administration or related field is preferred. Completion of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or All Lines Insurance Adjuster is highly preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to the . No phone calls, please.