The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person for a Communications Specialist position. Candidate must have a minimum of five years’ experience in communications including two years of experience working in internal communications. Primary responsibilities are working with Communications Department customers to develop various external and internal print and online communications, including writing and editing. This position also works to ensure the usability of TAC’s external and internal websites. All work performed is in accordance with TAC’s brand and style. The position works with department staff and external customers to manage communications projects as assigned.
Skills and experience needed include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds;
- High degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials and members;
- Experience developing internal communications;
- Proficiency in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple communications projects at once to meet tight deadlines;
- Experience in usability and user-centered web design;
- Strategic communications skills;
- Ability to collaborate with designers and other Communications Department members to develop communications products;
- Must function independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management and record keeping required;
- Competency with photographic equipment and photography skills preferred.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to . No phone calls, please.
The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person with a minimum of five years’ experience in coordinating projects for adult education programs. Primary responsibilities are providing professional and timely customer service support to TAC’s Education Services customers. The position will work with Education Services customers to coordinate the planning, marketing, production and evaluation of assigned TAC Education programs and its affiliate organization conferences. Coordinate conference registration process; compile and produce conference materials; develop computerized presentation technology; and contact and coordinate with speakers, hotels and meetings facilities. The Project Coordinator will also coordinate with other staff to deliver Education Services to TAC members and Education Services customers.
Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. The position also requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members of state governmental offices and members. Knowledge and ability to learn audio visual equipment required. Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have excellent time management. CMP preferred. Travel required.
Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to . No phone calls, please.