1997 Economic Census: Health Care and Social Assistance, Geographic Area Series, Texas. This 249 page document has state summaries as well as county and metropolitan area data.
HHS Poverty Guidelines. The Poverty Guidelines are a simplification of the Poverty Threshold (see below) and are primarily used for administrative purposes such as determining eligibility in certain federal and state programs. The guidelines are issued each year by the U. S. Department of Health & Human Services in the Federal Register.
Annual Update of the Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines. Start on this page to get to the excerpt from the Federal Register.
Ask ERIC. An online digital library of education research and information.
Texas Department of State Health Services -- Texas Health Facts. Selected data on demography, socioeconomic indicators, Medicaid, natality, communicable diseases, mortality, health professionals, health facilities, and more.
Texas Department of State Health Services -- Center for Health Statistics. Established to provide a convenient access point for health-related data for Texas. The objective is to be a source of information for assessment of community health and public health planning.
Bureau of Vital Statistics Annual Reports. Texas vital statistics annual reports 2002 through 2005.
CHARTing Health Information for Texas: County Overviews. Lists several quick guide links to the health of a county. From the UT School of Public Health at Houston.
CHARTing Health Information for Texas: Environmental & Occupational Exposure. Links to Environmental Information & Occupational Exposure Information Data. From the UT School of Public Health at Houston.
Community Resource Coordination Groups of Texas. Coordinate services for children and youths who need services from more than one agency.
Health Districts. A map showing the location of the Health Districts.
Hospital Districts and Public Hospitals. A map showing the location of the Health Districts and all the public hospitals in Texas from the Texas Legislative Council. This is a large map. Right click on the link and save the map to your computer before viewing.
KFF State Health Facts. State level health related data from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). The NCHS health statistics allow them to monitor trends in health status and health care delivery, provide information for making changes in public policies and programs, and evaluate the impact of health policies and programs.
Poverty Thresholds by year. From the U.S. Bureau of the Census, subtitled: Poverty Thresholds index, by Size of Family and Number of Related Children Under 18 Years. See Poverty Measurement for a definition of the Poverty Threshold. See also HHS Poverty Guidelines above.
Texas Department of State Health Services. Statistics, publications, and reports on any and all health related issues in Texas.
- Health Alerts Health alerts promulgated by the Texas DSHS.
- Texas Health Data. Create maps and tables on the fly to view health data for the state or counties.
- Texas Health Facts. Formerly known as County Fact Sheets. Includes data by county on demography, socioeconomic indicators, Medicaid, natality, communicable diseases, mortality, health professionals, health facilities, TDH program information and local health department summaries
- Rules and Regulations. State health rules and regulations.
- Medical and Research Library. With over 250 links, the Library guides you to electronic journals, government resources, health associations, access to Medline, other health libraries, general reference sites, Internet search engines, health information, and statistics.